As the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers DFI UK have achieved rapid, double digit growth over the last five years and have ambitious plans for this to continue.
DFI Leeds is a highly automated manufacturing facility producing 9,000t soft and cultured dairy products annually. With a sophisticated SCADA operating system and significant investment into our plant machinery, robust engineering support is vital to minimise downtime, enhance performance and improve efficiencies. We pride ourselves on our BRC A Grade and ISO 14001 standards which we retain through maintenance of our site policies and strict adherence to Health & Safety requirements.
To drive this engineering support and continue to develop our high standards, we now have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager. Reporting into the Operations Manager, this role will manage the Engineering team to ensure that building, plant and equipment is serviced, maintained and operationally safe. The role holder will be a key member of the site management team, with full accountability for the site’s facilities and Health & Safety standards including control of contractors and permits to work.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a PPM schedule to ensure all plant and equipment is fit for purpose
- Develop and drive a programme of TPM that supports efficiency gains and up-skills colleagues
- Monitor and manage daily priorities of team of Shift Engineers
- Monitor and ensure breakdown issues are resolved as quickly and cost effectively as possible
- Record all weekly downtime, monitoring machine issues and closing out corrective actions
- Control contractors, completing permits and observing insurance and H&S requirements
- Maintain, update and communicate relevant Engineering policies and procedures
- Forecast annual budget for engineering and manage activity and stock levels within budget Work closely with Shift Engineers and production to support with machine training
- Support capital investment projects and project manage defined projects as required
- Continually assess and identify improvement initiatives to support engineering development
Who are we looking for?
You will have significant post apprenticeship experience, ideally gained in food manufacturing and supported by BTEC or C&G qualification in an appropriate discipline (Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Faultfinding and Mechanical Engineering). You’ll also have experience of developing a programme of TPM and will be able to demonstrate an understanding of lean manufacturing and CI.
A clear and professional communicator with experience of successfully managing a shift team, you will be proactive in upskilling colleagues to optimise machine performance. You will demonstrate enthusiasm and forward planning skills with a drive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently. With a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, you’ll be comfortable recording and analysing data to present to peers and senior colleagues to drive improvements on site.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a team player, yet a strong leader who is interested in joining a team of like-minded people in a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygold.ie and to apply send your details to email@example.com