Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited is now pleased to invite applications for the position of Manufacturing & Cost Accountant reporting to the Site Accountant, based in, Mallow, working closely with Site & Wider Divisional Finance Teams and Site Management Teams.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
These are the core responsibilities associated with your role for which you will be held accountable:
- Development of reliable and accurate weekly/monthly reports, forecast and budgets, and in doing so will facilitate key business decisions at Site level
- Provision of details weekly financial and non-financial manufacturing KPIs;
- Support in the preparation of monthly and year-end management accounts for Mallow site;
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial budgets;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of liquid milk movements and milk solids profiles on a daily basis. Calculation of material yield variances on same;
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and other cost reduction activities. Act as a champion to drive and implement recommended changes;
- Provide advice and financial support to the Site management team and wider finance department;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant processes and controls;
- Participate in additional ad-hoc support and special projects as required.(Please Note: While these are the core responsibilities, this does not preclude your Manager from assigning other reasonable duties or tasks as required)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and accurate information to the business on a weekly and monthly basis, to facilitate effective decision making by site management;
- Monitoring, reviewing and challenging KIP variances on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising quality of output;
- Drive audit ready processes through the business unit.This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all current duties and will be used exclusive for job evaluation purposes
Candidates for this position should possess:
- Priority setting;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation;
- A Team player;
- Ability to influence others at all levels in the organization;
- Proven Results-orientation, attention to detail, ability to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines;
- Excellent technical competence of food safety standards;
- A positive, can-do, resilient and flexible attitude;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with a strong understanding of the underlying processes in producing and interpreting financial data;
- Flexible and resilient approach, problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Strong computer literacy, and competent with accounting and Microsoft Office packages – previous use of Oracle is advantageous;
- Ability to learn and understand the specific business area and the underlying processes required to produce the financial data;
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline. Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA);
- 4yrs accountancy experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate. All interested applicants should apply in writing with Curriculum Vitae to Careers DFI, using CODE PAACCMLW, Dairygold Food Ingredients, Mitchelstown (CareersDFI@dairygold.ie) no later than close of business on Wednesday 12th September 2018. A full role profile is available upon request.
Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited is an equal opportunities employer.