Dairygold success has been built through 100 years of Co-Op heritage and dairy processing excellence. The vast majority of the Members that own Dairygold are farmers that operate family-run farm enterprises which they have inherited and developed into the efficient and productive units that we see today. These farmers are proud of the foresight that their forefathers showed in creating Ireland’s largest farmer owned co-operative.
Like their predecessors, these farmers have proved to be extremely resilient in the face of many new challenges including increasingly volatile prices for farm inputs and outputs, new stringent regulation and quality control requirements. In recent years, the willingness of farmers to draw insight from national and international research, to adopt new technologies, practices and processes and, in many cases, to share their experience through discussion groups has led to a significantly more professional approach within the typical farm enterprise.
The focus on profit monitoring, key performance indicators, annual budgets and strategic business plans has led to a step-change in the way our farmer customers are constantly moving forward and developing their commercial and technical expertise.
Today, these farmers have developed their businesses to a stage where most can now stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the world’s best-in-class. Indeed, the Dairygold milk producers will be key to achieving the national targets set in the ‘Harvest 2020’ report which indicates a 50% increase in milk volumes over a relatively short period of time.
As a result, Irish farming in the Dairygold heartland is very definitely in safe hands for the future and will surely remain well positioned for passing onto the next generation.
On line services
On-line Service options are now available to Dairygold farmer suppliers and customers.
These options allow the user confidential access to their own account information on the following topics:
• Milk Suppliers: Access to milk supply & quota details, text results, payments and advisory notes.
• Trading: Access to purchase details, farm data, and news.
• AI: Herd breeding records insemination details, semen stocks, account enquiry, and progeny records.
• Milk Recording: Access to all milk recording data, both current and historical, for the herd.
• Feed Laboratory: – results of analytical tests carried out, feed stuffs, grass, silage, soil and grain.
• Harvest Grain: – online access to details of all loads supplied to Dairygold